Both Biden and Trump make verbal gaffs. Both are elderly It is difficult to determine which of their gaffes are based on age, emotionality, political motivation, or lack of knowledge. The debate about age and serving as the most powerful leader in the world is valid. Focusing on Trump’s age should be elevated to the same level as the conversation about Biden’s age. Examples of Trump statements and behaviors that could be age-related:
- Referring to Biden dealing with Russia, Trump said, ” Just think of it. We would be in World War II very quickly.”
- Bragged about passing a cognitive test that only people with dementia fail.
- Insisted the 1917 Spanish Flu brought the end to World War II.
- Referred to Thailand as “Thigh- land.”
- Referred to Finland as part of Russia
- Believed injecting bleach into lung tissue could cure Covid
- Couldn’t find the Scandinavian countries on the map
- He continues to misinterpret the meaning of the Presidential Act
- He incorrectly referred to JD Vance, the Ohio candidate he was supporting for the Senate as JD Mandel.
- He forgot the name of his media platform, Truth Social, and referred to it as, ” Truth Central.”
- At a Florida speech after Hurricane Irma, he said Melania really wanted to be with us, ” while she was standing right next to him.